Monday, January 17, 2011

Playlist For Cam Newton

Imagine this it is the eve of the game that will summarize your college career.

The last 6 months have been a whirlwind of controversy and spectacular football. A victory here would validate that you are worth the hype wile a loss would prove to be more fuel for the critics.

Everyone is calling you to communicate his or her hopes for your success tonight. The football pundits are all over TV weighing in on all aspects of the up coming game. You are nervous and anxious and seek calm to prepare for the nights events.

Naturally you reach for your iPod to bring you some ease and comfort.

This is my best guess of what is on Newtons iPod.

Victory (Featuring The Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
In one line of the song the Notorious B.I.G exclaimed, "Excellence is my presence, never hesitant".

If Newton can produce a similar performance the result will be electrifying. In another line in the song The Notorious B.I.G. continues his over the top flow by saying "I perform like Mike Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson" lets hope that if his performance mirrors that of those three it is circa 1988 instead of recent years.

Power Remix By Kanye West Featuring Jay-Z
In the remix to the song Power by Kanye West, Jay-Z rhymes "You gotta go through pain in order to become you/ But once the world numbs you/ You'll feel like it's only one you/ Man, you got the power to do anything you want to”.

If Cam went through a realization like this this year this would be the best time to display his newly acquired power

Victory By Jay-Z
In the song Victory Jay-Z rhymes “ Her name is defeat, she gives me agony/ So much agony, she brings me so much pain/ So much misery like missing your last shot and falling to your knees as the crowd screams/ For the other team, I practiced so hard for this moment Victory don't leave, I know what this means”.

The last thing anyone for that football organization would want is to experience the frustration expressed in these lyrics.

DJ KHALED - ALL I DO IS WIN
The lyrics from this DJ Khaled song could very well be the soundtrack to Newtons 2010 college football season.

The lyrics are " All I Do is win win win no matter what/ got money on mind i can never get enough/ and everytime I step up in the building/everybody hands go up/ and they stay there and they say yeah/ and they stay there/ Up down, up down/ cause all I do is win win win/ and if you goin’ in put your hands in the air.."

Miss Me By Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
The last song will probably sum up the feeling after the game.

With the lyrics “And life ain't a rehearsal, the camera is always rollin'” dictate how crucial every decision is whether it is on a pass or if it is a hand shake after the game. Every movement will be recorded and replayed under the watchful eye of the media.

If Drake isn’t singing it Cam Newton may very well may be singing the chorus which is “I just hope that you miss me a little when I'm gone Yea I hope that you miss me a little when I'm gone”.

Regardless of the outcome this is his final game and will be the final part of this chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment